Half of the population of the Philippines comprised of youth age below 23 years old which demonstrate unprecedented opportunity for social transformation as they peak into adulthood in 10 or 15 years. Is our society ready to absorb their skills, talents and energy? Entrepreneurship offers opportunities to turn their aspirations into enterprises. Young people should be taught early to create their own future, to shape the world around them and find entrepreneurial solutions to address challenges in their communities. In the context of pandemic where many companies shut down or closed down, what design thinking opportunities can be developed?
In this workshop, young people will learn that a business offers unlimited opportunities not just to make money but to build wealth so that they can do more good for the community. It also teaches young people life skills that foster work-readiness and as well as finding a business model in solving small problems and social challenges.
- • Grit, perseverance, planning, setting goals, achieving goals
• Failing forward
• Finding opportunities in challenges and rejection
• Flexibility, adaptability
• Expanding worldview
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Communication and presentation skills
• Confidence and a can-do attitude
• Teamwork and leadership
• Negotiation and decision making
• Setting goals and time management
• Managing risk and responding to challenges
- Let’s create opportunities for young people to pursue entrepreneurship early in life by giving them a head start through youth enterprise education.
Schedule: January 8, 15, 22, & 29
- Venue: Online Course
For teens and young adults
11-14 - 9 – 10 AM
14 – 17 11:00 – 12 AM
17-20 - 2:00 AM – 3:00 AM
I'm Carmela V Zabala. I'm the Founder of SELFMatters and the creator of the Bloom Method. I love art, drawing and painting in watercolour, oil, pastel and acrylic, and fully committed to my emotional, mental, social and physical wellbeing so I integrated art and the science of wellbeing which resulted into the Bloom Method which when applied young people can be happier, more resilient, more positive, more present and whole-r. These are the agencies for transformation and action which empowers us to approach life in an optimistic and resilient way. I’m so excited to share with you some of the simple ways you can hack joy, awe and wonder.