The festivities are over.
SELFMATTERS starts today.
What are you beginning to do?
I’m Carmela Zabala. I’m the founder of SELFMatters. We help people begin again.
SELFMatters started as a project until it needed to be more organised to support its development and growth.
These past 2 years were challenging but we are so grateful for the following we were able to do the following:
We pivoted to online learning;
i. Redesigned our financial capability courses to be more practical, real-life inspired, non-partial, unbiased, just-the-facts, and backed by research;
ii. Developed social and emotional learning and rolled it out in the public school and non-profit organisations;
iii. Built collaborations with diverse organisations both here and abroad;
iv. Greater focus on women and youth;
v. We began a community group for women;
We are all wired to begin again.
This year, we are super excited to do more of these -
- i. Share more of ourselves. I took an intro video of myself after much practice with a mobile camera in a room where I prayed no plane to pass overhead for at least 6 mins. There are faint sounds in the background but yes, I did it! Check it out and please give me feedback!
- ii. Own our power, try new things, and allow ourselves to have a rich human experience. Let go of perfection and pleasing people! Life is too short! If not now, when?
- iii. Honouring our mistakes, overcome and keep moving forward!
- iv. Think outside the box. How might we? Why not?
- v. Be present. Be mindful. Be thoughtful. Notice people and things. Share the lessons.
- vi. Connect the dots. Trust our intuition.
- vii. Go in the opposite direction. If we thought, it’s scary or not sure… Just press through!
- viii. More meaningful engagement!
- ix. Have fun, be vulnerable;
- x. Share with a friend in your life who needed to hear this or who demonstrates this! Maybe it’s you!
Have a blessed 2022!